With so many car accidents happening every day throughout San Pablo, it’s important that you have a neutral accounting of what happened. No matter how clearly you remember the accident, you should still turn to an objective third party to gather important information, like who else was involved and what led up to the actual accident.
Most of the time, this can be done by getting a copy of the police report made by the San Pablo Police Department (SPPD). At the Law Office of Nikolaus W. Reed, we bring years of experience in helping people who have been in car accidents. We can help you through the legal process, including obtaining and analyzing the accident report and any other evidence. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Can You Get a Police Report From the San Pablo Police Department?
Even though a car accident can be undoubtedly stressful, it becomes a part of the public record, especially when the San Pablo Police Department responds to the call. If you were involved, you can request a copy of the accident report made by the department. To get one, simply contact or visit the SPPD’s Records Unit, which is open Monday through Thursday from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The unit is located at:
San Pablo Police Department
13880 San Pablo Avenue
San Pablo, CA 94806
Phone: (510) 215-3130
You can also request a report online by following the prompts here.
Usually, there’s a fee associated with getting the accident report, so you’ll need to bring cash or a credit card for payment.
Evidence in a San Pablo Car Accident Claim
While an accident report is not admissible in a trial, it serves as valuable evidence in your claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance company. In fact, if the accident report favors your case, it stands as one of your strongest pieces of evidence. It not only establishes fault against the other driver but also has crucial pieces of evidence, like:
- Insurance information
- Witness statements
- A detailed account leading up to the accident
However, in the event your case goes to court, it’s important to understand what can be used as admissible evidence. Here are key pieces of evidence in any San Pablo car accident claim:
- Witness testimony – People who saw the accident can provide important information about what they saw and heard. Their statements are crucial for determining fault and evaluating damages.
- Accident reconstruction – Experts in accident reconstruction use physical evidence, witness statements, and data to recreate the accident scene. This detailed analysis helps understand the events leading to the accident.
- Medical records and testimony – Medical records and statements from healthcare professionals are essential for establishing the extent of injuries, the treatment received, and the associated costs.
- Photographs and videos – Visual evidence, like pictures and videos of the accident scene, the vehicles involved, and any injuries sustained, is highly valuable in illustrating the seriousness of the accident and the resulting damages.
The ultimate aim of a car accident case is to secure “damages,” covering benefits and support available under the law. Successful outcomes in a San Pablo car accident case may result in recovering the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
Trust NWR Law for Car Accident Help in San Pablo
If you or someone you know has been in a car accident in San Pablo and needs legal advice, trust my team at NWR Law. We understand how difficult these accidents can be, and are here to guide and support you for a positive outcome.
We’re committed to fighting for your rights, working hard to make sure you get the benefits you deserve. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation to get started.